Hi all! Sorry for not posting here recently, it's been one of those weeks!! I had a really great Bank Holiday Weekend after rushing to the train station in the pouring rain on the Friday and jumping the ticket barrier as my ticket didn't come out of the machine, and then having a great night in East London! I saw two of my oldest friends who were then sharing a room in student halls so it was jam packed with clothes and shoes, heaven! I should have snapped the Jeffrey Campbell Foxywood shoes my friend Vanessa wore in leopard print that she got in the Office sale for £30! Litas are still permanently on my wishlist. As I was on the train, it went past Reading Festival where I could see the stage so closely! Haha I do believe that basically means I went this year :D
Then I travelled back on the Saturday morning with Nicole Scherzinger stuck in my head after all of us singing it really loudly when someone's Mom picked us up from the club in the early hours, blasting it out of her car! My great friend Ellie visited that night so I showed her the parts of Bristol I know now and had such a great night! The week before the council let loads of amazing grafitti artists paint all over a street leading to town for the See No Evil project, where it covers huge buildings and there are all sorts of beautiful things, not just graphics and cartoons. However my favourite is the crying Frankenstein, aww he looks so sad! See more pictures here. As I was walking home one day I saw them setting up with boxes aned boxes of spray paint cans, and apparently the girls who live opposite me are the ones who wrapped the tree up in pink and purple! The day after there was a huge street party and rave, Bristol is so cool.
I did plan on getting some sleep on Saturday but I was too busy sorting my room and things, and ended up going out on Sunday night too with another new girl housemate! We ended up in a basement club full of 17 year olds in bralettes and bodycon skirts, where the glasses were so filthy that I had to drink alcopops all night! The novelty of a Bank Holiday is amazing now I work 9-5 and I don't think I've done three nights in a row in my life!
Then the week has been busy at work planning fashion week and competitions and student promos and all that jazz! I can't wait to show you all the Motel items we have arriving in the next few months and the amazing lookbook, I don't want to bombard the blog with Motel stuff though so I'll point you in the direction! The buyers were deciding on the Christmas collection last week and I tried on some items to show them how the fits were - trying on Motel things is a dream for me! I have a LONG autumn wishlist!
I haven't had a moment in the evenings to even check my emails but I've got everything sorted now for hopefully a smooth week, even though I don't feel very well! Tomorrow I'll be on honey and lemon all day and will try to relax in the evenings. September still feels like a fresh month of change as half of me is still in a student mind frame, and I'm excited to see how Bristol changes at the students get back. Quite a few blogs I read (especially foodie ones) make monthly goals so here are some things I'll try to begin/keep up during September:
1. Make Lunch and Dinner - My 'professional' house was pretty grimy from the day I moved in and now the recent sightings of Minnie and Mickey mouse in the kitchen really don't make me want to cook anything! I have cooked something hot maybe three times in two months? Don't worry I do eat, but I spend a lot eating out and buying fresh things for just that day. I always eat out on vouchers and deals but it would be much cheaper to bring food to work, so I will try! I also want to keep up with the smoothies with my new hand blender. It's hard because I live in the city centre so can't get to a big supermarket, but I could definitely shop better food-wise and buy fewer Boots meal deals. I love eating out with a magazine though! I went to a Thai/Chinese place this week and had amazing tofu and tried a melon bubble team, inspired by Winnie! I love trying the weirdest drinks (much to my old housemate Sophia's annoyance hahaha) and this was lush! Like a slushi with sweets!
2. Go to the Gym! - I told myself I wouldn't be one of those people with a gym membership that never goes, but I am! I only went to that one Legs, Bums n Tums class that left me hobbling for days but I'm not so sure how to use the machines so I'm still hesitant to go! I've booked a low level spinning class for this week so hopefully I'll learn how to use the bikes and can go in my own time rather than to just classes.
3. Hit Fashion Week! - I'll be covering London Fashion Week for Motel so I'll be around! I'm not sure what to wear but I'm thinking we will be flaunting Motel! I'm not sure what day I'll go down either but I think it will be the first day.
4. Sort my room - Now I have got into a Bristol routine, I need to adapt my bedroom more so the same things don't end up thrown on my bed each morning and the things that I don't use aren't out on any shelf/display space. I'd love some new makeup and product storage but that will have to wait for a few pay days as it's not a necessity, but I dream of perspex Muji makeup draws!
5. Get back into nail art - I try to dress my version of 'smart' for work, which is maxi dresses and well fitting things, and crazy 3D nails just isn't part of that! So I'll try to get back into nail art at least and start using my nail tools and accessories again. I also need to get out of my coral polish rut as I haven't tried a new colour for months.
This post has worn me out but my head is so hot that I can't sleep! I'll maybe watch some YouTube videos and try to get an earlier night ready for the busy Monday mornings. My friend Ellie just booked us Katy Perry tickets for October, ahhh!! I am going to wear so much glitter!